It doesn’t matter if you are planning a big celebration or a smaller one. You want food that can satisfy you and your guests.
Couples who love food surely want to serve something that they can be happy about on their big day. It doesn’t matter if you are planning a big celebration or a smaller one. You want food that can satisfy you and your guests.
For this, your chosen caterer is going to have a huge participation on your wedding reception. Read on to know the helpful tips on how to find the right caterer for your special day.
How Do You Choose Your Wedding Caterer?
When choosing a caterer, it is important that you have as much information about your wedding plans. This makes it easier to work with them since they will know what type of wedding they are going to serve food in.
Prepare beforehand the following details of your wedding:
- Venue and location
- Kitchen facilities
- Number of guests expected (children and adults)
- Style and them of your wedding
- Your allocated budget
If you have a wedding planner and coordinator who is helping you prepare for your wedding, it would be wise to bring him or her along. In this manner, your wedding planner can directly coordinate with them to save you time when your wedding date is near.
When discussing with your caterer, you should ask the following questions:
- Are they licensed and insured?
- How do they provide their wedding catering service?
- What is included in every wedding catering package they offer?
- Will they provide tables, chairs, plates, and utensils?
- How many waters will be coming? Is there an additional charge per waiter?
- Does their catering service include serving beverages?
- Will they provide the glassware when serving drinks and during the ceremonial wedding toast?
- What are the additional charges for their catering service?
- What is their booking and payment process?
These questions are important when looking for a wedding caterer since it can help you choose the best one and avoid going over your budget. Because of this, it would be better if you have a list of wedding caterers instead of having just one. When choosing a wedding caterer, check for the following:
- Availability- The most important thing that you should consider when looking for a caterer is their availability. To make sure that your chosen caterer is available, you should ideally start searching and discussing with caterers nine months before your wedding date. Once your venue and date is settled, you should also start meeting your preferred caterers.
- Budget- When talking with your caterer, there is nothing wrong with being upfront about your budget for your catering service. This will give both of you an idea on what can work well depending on your budget. You should also go through all the details of the payment method and process of payment to prevent bill shock.
Food Quality- Surely you want to serve something that can satisfy your guests’ tummies during your wedding. Also, even though you are going around and meeting all your guests during the reception, you would want something to fill your tummy. Check with your caterer for their availability for a tasting session so you can see the actual quality and presentation of the food they will be serving at your wedding.